Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Computer Programs for Kinder

Every school is different but you have to find out what you have at your school. We had ipods at our school for a year before I found out. So ask around. You never know what is stashed in some corner that people don't use or what programs the school has purchased.

There are some great programs at there. Some are even free.

Starfall:

Starfall is free and easy to navigate for kinder. Click the picture to go to the site.

I start off slow with the ABC's and Learn to read section. I always starfall up in the bookmarks at the top so it's easy for my kids to get to. Plus they can see the star next to the site and know where to find it. It has great songs, alphabet activities, and little books. Also my students love to click on the holiday activities on the right side.

ABCmouse:

ABCmouse is free to public schools. Woo Hoo for us! I've only used it a few times so far but my kids hardly needed any tutorial once I got them on. Teachers need to put in their code but the kids really like it.


You can start your kids at different levels but most I started at 1 or 2 since they are just learning computers. Most of my kids don't have computers at home so its hard teaching them the rules of computers and navigation.

Ticket To Read:

I love this site but I haven't yet tried it with kinder. It has the phonics portion that my kids could use so I will try it more and let you know. My school purchased it but I know you can purchase it yourself. Tickettoread.com

I always change the password to a number though since the password they give is so crazy long.

Enjoy!

If you have other great sites let me know because I love going to the computer lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment