Saturday, October 13, 2012

Clip Art and Font

I love to create things whether it be a new center or a SmartBoard project. But having a Mac and its lack of clipart and great fonts really bothered me. I didn't want to spend a lot of money just to make my stuff look cute. Plus when you try to sell stuff on Teacher Pay Teachers teachers love cute stuff.

Here a just a couple of things I found that either are free or cost very little!

1. Open Clip Art
 This site is AMAZING better than hot chocolate on a cold day. Click Here! It's called Open Clip Art and it runs by donations. Any person can add to this site and it's free to use with no restrictions. It's got a great selection.

2. Teachers Pay Teachers

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE FONT and what's better is when it's free. Everyone has to post one free things but most teachers have several! It's way better than Times and Arial. On a Mac the font is fine but I want something that pops! Teachers pay teachers has a lot of free font and backgrounds (link above). The only thing is a lot of people want you to give acknowledgements to them which is totally understandable. So I always make copyright page that I add to my projects if I plan to sell them. Here's what mine looks like..

3. KM Doodles

Next up if you like font this lady is AMAZING! She draws this stuff by hand then scans it into her computer. Genius.  She always has great sales, combo packs, and for not too bad of a price. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

If you want to check her out just Check Here!
You can always find her on Etsy too. I put another example of some of the great alphabet and numbers she has. Also she has great clip art too.

No comments:

Post a Comment