Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Crayon Day!

Ever heard of new crayon day? I hadn't of it either until a fellow teacher told me about it. When all crayons in your classroom are broken in little pieces... you announce new crayon day! All the old crayons are collected and new ones are given out. The kids are so excited to get new crayons.

I decided then to try and be crafty and melt the old bits into a new crayon.

Materials:
-old crayons
-silicone baking sheet

It took me forever to find one that I wanted. I ended up with a Bite size treat mold made for brownies at Michaels. But they are small enough and it worked well for me. You could also get stars or hearts.

Bake at 230 degrees for 20 minutes

 You do not need to spray with Pam or non-stick spray


This batch I added non stick spray and it was more dull than other batches!

Finished product. My kids are going to so excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment